Long Island, NY Workplace Accident Attorney
Compensation beyond workers comp payouts
If you are injured on the job, you may be entitled to benefits from the New York Workers’ Compensation program. These benefits quickly provide needed funds without the costly and time-consuming process of suing your employer directly and without the requirement of proving negligence. Workers compensation pays your medical bills and replaces your lost wages, but covers only the bare minimum. Often, workers are unaware of their options to recover additional compensation through third-party lawsuits. Long Island occupational injury attorney Elan Wurtzel possesses almost three decades of experience and the determination to pursue the maximum compensation available.
How we can help you
During a free case review, Elan determines whether you have a cause of action in addition to your workers compensation claim and strategizes a plan for optimizing your recovery. He files third-party lawsuits if your workplace injuries resulted from:
- Automobile accidents — If you are involved in a car accident while driving to an appointment, Elan holds other negligent drivers responsible.
- Premises liability — Property owners are liable for maintaining premises for all guests, including those who enter the property to conduct business.
- Construction accidents — Typically, multiple contractors are involved in a construction project and you have the right to sue these negligent companies. In addition, scaffolding law may apply to your accident.
- Defective products — The designers, manufacturers and vendors who produced and sold your employer equipment are culpable for injuries sustained if those products were defective.
- Medical malpractice — You may have sustained additional injuries as a result of negligent medical treatments you received after you suffered your workplace injury.
Learn more from an experienced Long Island workplace injury lawyer
For the quality representation you need and the respect, compassion and attention you deserve, call Long Island, NY workplace injury attorney Elan Wurtzel, serving clients throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Call Elan at 516.822.7866 or toll-free at 800.972.8144 or contact him online to schedule your free case review and consultation.