Long Island, NY Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Advocating for the rights of New York seniors to safe, quality care
You place full confidence in the nursing home where your loved one resides. If you discover that the people who are tasked with resident care are instead causing harm, you may at first feel shocked and confused. You are not alone. Often family members are entirely unaware of the abuse until serious injury occurs.
Long Island nursing home negligence lawyer Elan Wurtzel has nearly three decades of experience advocating for dignified, professional care for New York seniors. He compassionately guides you through the crucial steps of protecting your loved one and recovering compensation from facility owners, managers and staff responsible for neglect.
Stopping the physical and emotional abuse of nursing home residents
Abuse occurs in many forms and can result in severe physical injuries, emotional distress, humiliation and even death. Types of abuse include:
- Physical harm — Physical abuse includes hitting, pushing, restraining and roughly handling patients.
- Sexual assault — The facility is liable if patients are raped by staff or other residents.
- Neglect of basic care — Many nursing home residents rely on staff for basic care and hygiene —such as brushing their teeth, changing their clothes, cleaning soiled bedding and washing their hair — and failure to do so constitutes neglect.
- Medical treatments — Bedsores, insulin imbalance and uncontrolled infections are a few examples of situations that indicate inadequate medical care.
- Emotional abuse — By law, nursing home residents have the right to live with dignity and independence and free from such emotionally abusive actions as isolation from family members, implementation of unnecessary restrictions or subjection to humiliation.
- Financial exploitation — Fraudsters often prey on vulnerable patients who suffer from dementia or seem to have been abandoned by family.
Often, one incident of abuse indicates a pattern. Elan stops the abuse and gets your loved one into a safe place, and then he seeks maximum compensation from the wrongdoers.
Learn more from an experienced Long Island nursing home abuse attorney
For the quality representation you need and the respect, compassion and attention you deserve, call Long Island nursing home negligence lawyer Elan Wurtzel, serving clients throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Call Elan at 516.822.7866 or toll-free at 800.972.8144 or contact him online to schedule your free case review and consultation.