Long Island, NY Estate Planning Attorney
Planning for your family’s future
Creating a comprehensive strategy for distributing your assets and protecting your family upon your death gives you peace of mind. Long Island estate planning attorney Elan Wurtzel has 28 years of experience providing clients with exceptional estate planning services. He can help you with such essential matters as:
Estate planning tools
To prepare the best plan for you, Elan discusses such vital tools as:
- Living will — Also called a healthcare directive, a living will provides vital instructions about what types of medical treatments you want should you become incapacitated and unable to express your wishes.
- Power of attorney — A POA authorizes a trusted person to make medical and financial decisions on your behalf.
- Last will and testament — Your will gives clear instructions about the distribution of your assets upon your death.
- Trusts — Trusts have several benefits and uses — including allowing your beneficiaries to avoid probate, financing your minor children’s upbringing, providing funds to care for pets and supporting your favorite charity.
- Guardianship and conservatorship — You can ensure the continued care of your minor children or a disabled adult by choosing a person to accept the role of caretaker.
- Tax issues — Your estate plan should include strategies for minimizing estate taxes after your death and as part of a personal financial plan.
- Domestic partnership considerations — Although New York permits same-sex marriages, many other states do not recognize these relationships. A strategic estate plan protects your rights to property and guardianship over your partner’s biological child should you ever choose to move to a jurisdiction that does not offer you the same legal protections.
Learn more from an experienced Long Island estate planning lawyer
For the quality representation you need and the respect, compassion and attention you deserve, call Long Island, NY estate planning attorney Elan Wurtzel, serving clients throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Call Elan at 516.822.7866 or toll-free at 800.972.8144 or contact the law firm online to schedule your free case review and consultation.